Sunday, March 10, 2013

If Lovers Place a Lock on a Bridge....Would You?

Who isn't a romantic at heart?!? Between my love for reading the romantic writers and dreaming of travelling to fabulous places, I am!!! The other night, my husband and I were watching a show on tv where a couple went to the Lover's Bridge in Paris. I teared up and said "that is so sweet!!! I've always wanted to go there one day and do that!!!" I've read articles about this bridge. I've posted photos on my online travel pinboard. Knowing that was a dream for now but, one day we could, that was the last I thought of it.

The idea of the Passerelle des Arts pedestrian bridge is that you and your lover place a lock on the bridge and throw the key in the Seine River. Here's a link to some photos of the bridge: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/lovers%20bridge.

Well!!!! My amazing husband never misses an opportunity to let me know that he listens and I had a birthday coming up!!! So he made this piece for me. I LOVE nothing more than homemade presents that let you know the person gets you!! Since we couldn't physically go there now, he brought the sentiment of the bridge to me!! I've shared photos below. :) <3




No comments:

Post a Comment