Friday, March 1, 2013

You're a birthday boy, Dr. Seuss!

Who doesn't love Dr. Seuss?!?! NO ONE!! :)  Saw a picture on Pinterest of "Thing 1" cupcakes. Wish I knew who thought of them first to give credit. But, I made these "pinspired" by that picture. I used red velvet cake, cream cheese icing, and blue raspberry cotton candy. They were yummy!! Just used cake mix and canned icing this time. Though, I have made these items from scratch before. I think either way is perfectly acceptable!! Just depends on your mood and time. At least it does for me anyway.

What are some of your favorite Dr. Seuss books and quotes? Here are some of mine:

"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss


"In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!"-Dr. Seuss

 
"What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."-How the Grinch Stole Christmas (a favorite Christmas quote of mine!!)
 
"When you think things are bad,
when you feel sour and blue,
when you start to get mad... you should do what I do!
Just tell yourself, Duckie, you're really quite lucky!
Some people are much more... oh, ever so much more...
oh, muchly much-much more unlucky than you!"
-Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?


One more thought for the day & my wish for you: "Today I shall behave, as if this is the day I will be remembered."-Dr. Seuss

Joy!
Amy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment